Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Inspire Me

Greetings Bloggers! It's my first day in the world of blogging, so bare with me. I was inspired to start my new blog by watching the new film Julie and Julia, which was delightful, I might add. Inspiration is everywhere. Julie was inspired to cook by Julia Child, and Julia Child was inspired to cook by her husband, Paul Child. Beautiful story line, I suggest everyone watches it. You won't regret it.

Well, today was an interesting day for me. Okay, not really. I'm off of work today from the great Best Buy Corporation. Actually, I'm off until Saturday. It's like a mini-vacation, without the beach and sand, of course. So, I slept way too long today (until 2!), watched Escape to With Mountain with my very very pregnant sister-in-law, and then took my husband back to work after his lunch break. Eventuful, no? And later visited my family and went to the movie with my dad. It was our father-daughter date.

Well, I've been tossing up here lately what I want to do with my life. I thought I wanted to be a nurse, I really did. I mean, who doesn't want to get up early every morning and deal with sick people all day? Or work really late hours, and never see my husband? Oh wait..me! That's when I realized I'm not cut out for such a profession. I'm too adventurous, too spastic, too spontaneous for something so totally..BORING. You know what I want to do? You know who I want to be? I want to be a writer. I always have, I just thought it was too far-fetched for me. Too far of a reach for little ole me. But then I realized, it's perfect. It's right up my alley.

Writing let's me who I want to be. It let's me make up complete and total lies if I want to, or I can tell true life experiences. Either way, it's something I love. It's something I am so passionate about. It's something I'm ready to embrace. I am a writer. Inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers